Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Strawberry Banana Muffins

On Sunday I made some strawberry banana muffins for our growth group! They were a hit (and very easy to make!) I hope they were good---I've had a cold for a few days and, sadly, was not able to taste them.




Here's the recipe:

1 1/2 cups Flour (I used my mom's half white/half wheat flour)
1/2 cup Sugar (again, my mom uses half white sugar/half raw sugar)

2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 cup of shortening (I used butter)
1 Egg
1/2 cup Milk
1 cup fresh fruit (I added 1/2 cup of strawberries and 1 banana for a double batch)

Mix the ingredients together with a fork.





I usually eat half the batter...how can you resist that?!


Bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.



Our growth group was great! I honestly can't remember the last time I joined my parents for growth group since I've been at school for the past three years. It is always so renewing to get together and talk about God's Word with a group of believers.

On Sunday, we talked about prayer and the power it has when we pray "In Jesus' Name." The name of Jesus holds power and shows His character--when we pray in Jesus' name it's a HUGE reminder to us to examine what we are praying for to see if it is something worthy of the name of Jesus.

Are our prayers worthy of Jesus' name? I know mine aren't a lot of the time. John 15:16 says "You did not choose Me, but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give you."


Just something to chew on...while you're chewing on your muffins!


grace and peace,
Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment