Monday, November 1, 2010

Rabbit Rabbit





It is a tradition in my family to say "Rabbit Rabbit" on the first day of the month as soon as you wake up in the morning...and before you say anything else. I'm not sure why the first day of the month is always "Rabbit Rabbit Day" or how it started (you will have to ask my mom) but it's just one of those things that we've always done.






I love family traditions, especially those that come during the holidays. This is usually the time of year that I start to get super excited about the holidays! My ears itch for Christmas music, I get out all of my wintery clothes, start wearing my Canadian slippers, and stop wearing my regular foot attire: Old Navy flip flops. I start getting excited for Thanksgiving dinner in Kansas and Christmas dinner in Iowa.






Just like all other things on this earth, you can't count on traditions. They change. But God doesn't. He's the one thing that never changes in my life and the one thing I will always be able to count on remaining the same. I'm so relieved that my hope is not built on anything of this world. My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus's blood and righteousness.

Hebrews 13:8 says that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I'm so thankful for a God who is constant.


Also, I hope you enjoy these beautiful crocheted pictures!

Happy Rabbit Rabbit Day, everyone!

grace and peace,
Mair




No comments:

Post a Comment