Thursday, July 28, 2011

DIY Ruffle Pillow

Hey everyone! Remember me?

I've been very busy working this summer and selling my crafted wares at the Farmer's Market in Plattsmouth (Saturday from 9-12 in the Pamida parking lot)

Here's a throw pillow that I made out of some spare brown canvas that I had originally planned to recover my butterfly chair with. Since the butterfly chair went out of style after middle school...I figured I better use the fabric for something!

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be! I measured two rectangles for the front and back and then cut several one inch strips (longer than the height of the rectangles) for the ruffles. I sewed the ruffles on first, then sewed the two sides together, and finished it off by stuffing it! Here it is:



 I love the way it looks on my bed!


 Especially sitting with Mr. Rainbow Trout


I wasn't sure, but I think I like the way the canvas ruffles are fraying...

Give it a try (and come to the Farmer's Market!)

grace and peace,
Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment