Friday, December 17, 2010

My Reward

Finals are finally complete and I couldn't be happier! After several weeks of work, work, work, it's so nice to have nothing to do but relax.

In order to motivate myself to get through finals, I left a crochet project and a new book on my desk at home. Over these last few weeks, I have day dreamed about the day I would finally be able to read for enjoyment and crochet to my little heart's content.

Well, my friends, that day has finally come! Yesterday, while watching White Christmas and drinking homemade chai with my parents, I started making myself a pair of gray and mustard yellow slippers. I also used hemp for the bottom so I can wear them outside. I got the pattern from my cousin Becky and I'm very happy with the way they turned out.

Note to all crocheters out there: crocheting with hemp HURTS! My hands are rubbed raw...and they smell bad...but it was worth it! :)

Here they are:




Please excuse my "winter" legs...you should all just be happy it's no longer "No Shave November" :)

Merry Christmas Break, everyone!

grace and peace,
Mair

No comments:

Post a Comment